Tuesday, March 16, 2010

FOR THE **HEART** OF MUSIC

There are times I am more than certain I was born in the wrong era with regards to music, don't get me wrong  I listen  to today's music like the next YOUNG person but it doesn't do anything for me.

I would rather listen to Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, James Dean, George Benson, Al Green ; men!!!!!!!!!! the list is endless, no matter what people say about today's music, to me it is barren.

Music of then had soul (yeah I know you have heard this before ) but it had life in it, maybe I am being a little melodramatic but you could feel the song's heartbeat while listening to it WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My play list has had a couple of these songs:
 
Smokey Robinson - You Really got a hold on me



Marvin Gaye -Trouble Man



Ella Fitzgerald- Bewitched




Frank Sinatra - I get a kick out of you




Frank Sinatra -Saying something stupid



Al Green - Lets stay together



Earth, Wind and Fire September


 Nina Simone- My Baby Cares For Me


There are toooooooooooooo many songs will definitely dedicate a post to them, have a wonderful evening guys cos I am gonna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Share |