Monday, March 8, 2010

BEAUTY IN WORDS


So I had a very eventful weekend if I do say so myself **Iblush** and the highlight was when I received Chimamanda Adichie's book THE THING AROUND YOUR NECK.

The book is flawless in its simplistic style of writing and the real life scenarios that ensures you loose yourself in the character's identity.

It is a collection of short stories that explores various situations in life from a Nigerian perspective while giving you the freedom to decide your own "HAPPY"ending. 

The beauty of the book is in her style of writing, it takes you back to the days of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka when emphasis was placed on the little details that captures the essence of the story.

There  were a couple of stories that made an impression on me:

JUMPING MONKEY HILL
THE SHIVERING
IMITATION
TOMORROW IS TOO FAR AWAY

I am not gonna spill the beans but trust me when I say it is definitely a MUST- READ.

Have a wonderful day guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I got this book for my Princess this weekend. I have not heard the last of it.

    However, reviews about this book are very good.

    I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want one..... mr annonymous

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Share |