Wednesday, April 7, 2010

THE LAGOS CARNIVAL 2010

First I apologise for posting this late but trust I had good reasons anyways back to the post, I was a bit skeptical about going for the carnival at first but my mom convinced me otherwise and I am very happy I attended.

For those that may not know Lagos has a long history of carnivals behind it, I remember the days of  the West Indies/ Fanti Carnival (Mardi Gras of Lagos) organized by Brazilian immigrants who settled in Lagos which was always a colorful and fun event.


Trust Naija it didn't start till 1pm considering the event was scheduled for 10am, the parade passed through Ikoyi, Ozumba etc.before making its way to TBS, which was were I was and kicked off  with the arrival of some of the participants on a customised double Decker bus.

The carnival was not just a parade but also a competition where various schools and institutions were awarded gifts based on their costumes and general creativity.


 I would have to say I was presently surprised by the carnival but there is still room for improvement but alas it was FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I had an absolutely fabulous time.

Have a wonderful day guys and p.s. a look at the carnival I liked NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Share |