Sunday, May 16, 2010

ADIEU TRUE LOVE WEST AFRICA............................ HELLO FLAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!! it seems like forever since I last posted anything up on the blog trust me details of my MIA........ness will be spilled in another post.


So for like 2 months now True Love has been off the market, it seems it just disappeared into thin air and weirdly as it may sound I felt lost not having it there after almost 3 years of buying and subscribing to the magazine.






For me it was so much more than just a magazine, it was Inspiration, Fashion,Career, Motherhood (considering I don't have kids),the Segun Johnson articles, The restaurant reviews all wrapped up in a cute bow and served to me monthly.




So you can imagine my frustration when I couldn't get an explanation and though I tried severally to call and email their offices I didn't get any reply. Almost a week ago I  stumbled upon a very depressing article about Condé Nast and other major publishing houses; Media24 (True Love W/A publisher) who are being affected strongly by the Economic meltdown and have had to close down a lot of their offices.




 But Alas........ all isn't lost Bola Attah the editor of True Love W/A decided to relaunch a magazine she started almost a decade ago  and hence the REBIRTH OF FLAIR. I am more than excited to see what it entails and I have no doubt that I will be subscribing yet again.


I go back to work tomorrow with ambivalent feelings no doubt after being ill for over a week....................... all I can say is I hope to have a wonderful week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Share |